If you love almonds and white chocolate as much as I do, you will love this Almond White Chocolate Caramel corn! Do you remember a month or so ago I shared the most delicious Gooey Vanilla Caramel Corn Recipe? Well, today I’m adding a little TWIST! Using the original recipe, I just substituted the vanilla extract for almond extract, then added some white chocolate to the gooey mixture that melted….and then threw in some white chocolate chips with almonds at the end–so YUM!
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (10 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 to 5 quarts popped popcorn (2.5-3 bags microwave popcorn)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup whole or slivered almonds
- Combine butter, sugar, Karo syrup in saucepan over medium heat and stir well. Keep stirring over medium heat until sugar has dissolved.
- When mixture comes to a slow boil, add your condensed milk – keep stirring.
- Stir constantly until mixture comes to a soft ball stage and test with a candy thermometer (*234-238 degrees).
- Stir in almond extract,pour over popcorn.
- Stir to coat.
- Drop in half of the white chocolate chips to melt
- After a few minutes, mix in the rest of the choco chips and almonds
- *If you don’t have a candy thermometer to test the soft ball stage, you can test it in ice water by dripping some caramel from a spoon into ice water and once you can form a ball the Carmel is done.
- This batch treats my family of 6 plus some extra to give to friends
Try it for the next family movie night!
Latest posts by Kristen Duke (see all)
- Pepperoni Sausage Pizza Dip Recipe - February 6, 2016
- 12 Valentine’s Day Photography Ideas for Babies and Toddlers - February 5, 2016
- Valentine’s Day Coupons - February 3, 2016