I’m delighted to share a fun tradition we have for our Halloween meal each year, but it also is fun for anytime in the Fall, it’s our recipe for Dinner in a Pumpkin!
We’ve been making this in our family for nearly 10 years, having modified a recipe I found that long ago. It’s a simple meal that works outside of a pumpkin, too, but how fun is it to scoop the meal straight out of a pumpkin??? More on that in a minute, it’s the 10th of the month, and some friends and I gathered to share some PUMPKIN goodness with you!
1. Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins – Two Twenty One
2. Pumpkin Favor Bags – Eighteen 25
3. Printable Fall Tags & Pumpkin Cookies – Thirty Handmade Days
4. Dinner In A Pumpkin – Capturing Joy
5. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Or so she says…
6. Pumpkin Crumb Cake – Simply Kierste
7. Fresh Fall Pumpkin Garland – Landeelu
8. Tribal Inspired Pumpkins – The Crafted Sparrow
9. Wood Spindle Pumpkins – Lolly Jane
10. Pumpkin Walnut Cheesecake – Your Homebased Mom
Here is a little step by step picture
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1.5 to 2 cu. cooked rice
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Clean out pumpkin and decorate outside with black marker (optional).
- Brown sausage.
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Put pumpkin on cookie sheet.
- Fill pumpkin with mixture.
- Place in oven and bake pumpkin with lid on for 1 hour at 350F or until pumpkin is tender.
- Ladle on to plates out of the pumpkin.
Latest posts by Kristen Duke (see all)
- Anniversary Getaway at Four Seasons in Austin Texas - March 4, 2015
- Easter Lunch Jokes - March 3, 2015
- Memorize a Scripture a Month: March - March 1, 2015