So excited about 2014! Something about a new year/clean slate, brings great possibility. Here are some highlights and thoughts from my past week:
- I had a great New Years Eve! For the first time ever our entire family stayed up til midnight! Last year it was just my boys and I (husband usually goes to bed). It helped that we were at a friends house, and we actually planned to leave at 10 ish, but we were having too much fun! It was a fun evening filled with food, games, laughter, and friends.
- My 4. 5 year old daughter switched from her Strider/Balance bike on New Years Day, and within 15 minutes of figuring out the “pedal thing” she was riding her two wheeler bike all by herself. It was SO exciting! I wish I had a balance bike for other kids, they learned the old school way!
- Today I start my big 6 weeks to TONE with cross fit workouts! Excited and nervous! If you want to join in, CLICK HERE for workout schedule (I actually just put in a new document yesterday because mine printed weird and I had to re work it). If you DO plan to join in, I thought a fun hashtag would be good so I can see what you are doing. Tag me on Instagram or hashtag #crossfitjoy if you take pictures of you working out!
- I am re-commiting to meal planning. I had fun hopping around my friend Leigh Anne’s site, Your Homebased Mom and her weekly meal plans. LOVE how she’s already mixed it up to give variety throughout the week!
- Another one of my goals for this year was to Invite a Family over for Dinner, and I did that yesterday! It was so enjoyable, and I’ve already got another family coming next week. I’m usually a once a monther for that, but there were extenuating circumstances. We’ve all got excuses why we don’t do it, but I’ve got great reasons why it’s awesome, check out the list I made on that link (above).
- Took the kids to a jumpy trampoline place. They love it, and I’m cheap, so only do it once in summer and once over winter break!
- I have REALLY REALLY enjoyed sleeping in over the 2 week Christmas break. Will miss that one.
- Our church time changed from 8am to start at 10am for the year, and I’m pretty excited about that one!! Did you know we go to church for 3 hours each week? 3 hours of spiritual nourishment, I love it.
- Watching the Best of Jimmy Fallon special while trying to get some work done. He’s so funny! I hardly ever watch that show, but I love a good “best of” recap. My brother met him in New Orleans at a restaurant a few years ago, and said he was really friendly. I like hearing that.
- Trying to finalize details for our family cruise this month. So much to figure out, and I’m going in blind. Thank goodness for Facebook Peeps helping me out!!
- Working on finishing our front living room, got my chairs covered, a rug ordered, and just a few more details to reveal at the end of the month!
Here are some pics from my phone in the past week:
Then the big girl bikes!
Love hearing about way to create a closer family? Want a FREE copy of our Favorite Family Recipes e-book? Join my bestie club (it's free, too), to get them straight in your inbox. Exclusive goodies just for my faves.