My family loved this Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole Recipe I made recently, and I’m happy to share with you today. Easy to assemble, and delicious to eat, the kids can help you make dinner! When my friend first told me about mashed sweet potatoes into a Mexican dish, I wasn’t quite sure about it. However, I made the recipe and tweaked it up a bit, and I didn’t even notice them. Sneaking in something healthy into dinner is a great way to get extra vitamins into the kids bodies! I’ve got the photo step-by-step, recipe, and even a fun little video to show you how to easily assemble this meal.
Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole Recipe
My husband LOVES corn tortillas, so we use a lot of them around our home. I get annoyed when I try to roll them for enchiladas because they often break, but I love the ease of layering them like a Mexican lasagna, so I integrated the two into this recipe. It’s really a variation of any taco meal, such as nachos or taco salad that we also often make.
I partnered with Borden® Cheese to share something super cheesy, which isn’t hard for me, I love cheese! Whenever I make meals with cheese, my philosophy is “the more the merrier!”
Borden® cheese, crafted with high quality wholesome ingredients, has a wide variety of options for all taste buds, including mild cheddar, mozzarella, Mexican, swiss, sharp cheddar, American, colby jack, and more.
Here are the ingredients at a glance:
And a quick glance step by step:
So there is the visual step by step, here is the actual recipe:
- 1 lb. ground beef, cooked
- 2 sweet potatoes, mashed
- 4 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup frozen corn (or can)
- 1 small can diced olives
- 1 cup Borden® Four Cheese Mexican, shredded
- Peel, cook, mash sweet potatoes (or purchase pre-made in freezer section)
- Mix sweet potatoes with 2 T cilantro in bowl
- Cook ground beef, adding in corn, beans, sauce, and spices
- Cook and stir until mixed well
- Layer meat sauce on the bottom of 9x13 pan
- Lay corn tortilla layer on top
- Spread sweet potato/cilantro mixture on top
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese
- More meat sauce, another layer of tortillas, then sweet potatoes
- Top with cheese, olives, and cilantro
- (Layer the above like a lasagna)
- See Video
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted nicely.
Have you ever tried making a Mexican Casserole? It’s a fun twist on Taco Tuesday!
I was compensated to share this post, but all opinions are my own.
Now, who wants to win a $100 VISA gift card from Borden® cheese to help out with groceries? Yep, I’m having a giveaway! To enter, I’d love to hear in the comments which is your FAVORITE kind of CHEESE!?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Comment on this blog post your favorite cheese, then pin an image to pinterest, and check out Borden’s facebook page!
I encourage you to check out Borden® Cheese on social media, and follow along for regular recipe ideas!
Want a FREE copy of 10 Intentional Ways to Bring your Family Closer Together e-book? Enter your email below!