It’s week 2 of the H-E-B Meal Maker Challenge with ConAgra Foods where I’ve been asked to share Kid Friendly Family Meals to make in under 30 minutes. In total, 5 recipes with 5 different ingredients to start with. This week our ingredient to use was Hunt’s Diced Tomato’s, and I thought of a family favorite. This Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is so quick and easy to make, and the texture with the crunchy tortilla strips is delicious. Chicken, diced tomatoes, and beans make up the base of this meal, which makes it hearty and filling as well. You can add or take away any ingredients as desired, too. Disclosure: I received compensation for this contest, but the thoughts are all my own.
We make many variations of this meal at my home almost weekly, and the kids will often cheer when they hear about it. I love that sound;)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 10 oz. can Hunts diced tomatos
- 2 cans black (and/or pinto) beans
- 1 jar green chile
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals
- 2 T (or 1 packet) taco seasoning
- tortilla strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional garnish: cilantro, avocado, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese
- Pull out crock pot and add uncooked chicken, diced tomatoes, beans, green chile, and frozen corn.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Sprinkle and stir in taco seasoning
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crunchy tortilla strips
- Optionally add the other garnishes as desired.
I’ll eat this all year round, but a warm, hearty soup always sounds delicious on a chilly fall night–I long for that chill in the air;) If you are in Texas, head to H-E-B, there is a coupon this week for the Hunt’s diced tomatoes!
********************Do you want to win up $1500 in food and prizes? If so, Enter HERE.***********************