My friend Suzette has the most amazing caramel corn recipe, and I’ve since declared it Gooey Vanilla Caramel Corn because of it’s unique consistency and ingredients. She’s made it for me several times, and since I got the recipe over a year ago, I’ve made it quite a few times myself. I love it so much, I HAVE to share it! I am quite picky with my treats, so I only share the best of the best.
First off, it has Sweetened Condensed milk in it that contributes to the Gooey=YUM! Second, it has pure Vanilla mixed in=Double YUM! Add to that brown sugar, butter, and Karo syrup, and we’ve got some pure yumminess. I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking…recipe at the bottom.
- ½ stick butter
- 2 cups brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 cup light Karo Syrup
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (10 oz.)
- 1 teaspoon good pure Vanilla
- 4 to 5 quarts popped popcorn (2.5-3 bags microwave popcorn)
- Combine butter, sugar, Karo syrup in saucepan over medium heat and stir well. Keep stirring over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. When mixture comes to a slow boil, add your condensed milk – keep stirring. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a soft ball stage and test with a candy thermometer (*234-238 degrees). Stir in vanilla,pour over popcorn. Stir to coat.
- *If you don't have a candy thermometer to test the soft ball stage, you can test it in ice water by dripping some caramel from a spoon into ice water and once you can form a ball the Carmel is done.
- This batch treats my family of 6 plus some extra to give to friends
Now go ahead and make a batch for your next family movie night, or after school snack for the kids. Make sure you have a plan to share with someone you love, or you might just eat the whole bowl. ENJOY!!!
Do you love caramel corn as much as I do?
If you’d like to see more of my favorite recipes, you can find them right here on my blog. If you want to see what treats I PLAN to make in my future, check out my Delicious~Sweet Treats Desserts Pinterest page and follow along as I pin!
Want a FREE copy of 10 Intentional Ways to Bring your Family Closer Together e-book? Enter your email below!