These honey roasted cashews are the real deal, and only take 10 minutes to make!
Christina from FoodApparel here! Wow – it’s been a crazy awesome start to 2015.
We added a little gal to our family at the end of December, we are temporarily moving out to the East coast for 3 months in just a few weeks….lots of fun stuff!
It’s really hard to find a lot of time to dedicate to my cooking and baking passions lately. Being responsible for three kids three and under definitely comes with its challenges. But I still like making time for a good meal and treat here and there. That’s why I love this honey-roasted cashew recipe. It is fantastically easy and comes together in just a few minutes.
These cashews are a great snack for the Superbowl Party coming up! Or just for any old day when you want to make sure the kids (and you!) are getting something healthy.
Here’s to 2015 and good food!
- 4-5 cups whole raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil (much easier clean up!)
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine the honey and butter. Microwave until butter is melted (I do about 30 seconds at half power).
- In a medium bowl, combine cashews and honey mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss, and place back in oven for 3-5 more minutes. Watch closely to avoid burning! (When cashews hit that browning point, they change quickly.)
- Remove from oven. Let stand for no longer than 1-2 minutes (if you wait too long the sugar may not stick as well).
- With a spatula, push nuts together into a pile.
- Sprinkle granulated sugar over the nuts and toss to coat (I like to use my hands for this part for even distribution).
- Add salt to taste.
Dress it Up:
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and/or ½ teaspoon cinnamon for a fun flavor kick.
Here are some other snacks to try out at FoodApparel:
Want a FREE copy of 10 Intentional Ways to Bring your Family Closer Together e-book? Enter your email below!