The Parmesan Lemon Chicken is one of my kids favorite meals. I really only share our favorites on here, so you have to know it’s major when I do.
This recipe was first introduced to me by my friend Linda over 7 years ago when she gave me a cookbook full of her favorite recipes upon moving away from me. I met Linda nearly 12 years ago when I first moved to Austin. I was BIG and pregnant with my second son, and my first son was not quite two. Linda’s husband came with the men from church to help us unpack our u-haul truck into our new apartment. He said they had a son about a similar age as ours, and that he thought his wife and I would be good friends. Little did he know then, that she’d become one of my best friends. She told me about a park play day, where we met and chatted. Then just a week later, I had my baby (3 weeks early) and they are who we called in the middle of the night to drop off our oldest while racing to the hospital. That experience cemented our friendship. We spent those early mothering days going to parks, working on scrapbook spreads, and watching Oprah together. Her husband was in school, and mine with his first job out of school, we were also poor together. That helped when seeing to many others seem to spend like there is no tomorrow. We had 5 solid years together, she and I. Then her husband graduated (PhD) and they moved to Florida, then Illinois. I’ve visited her in both spots and we still keep in touch pretty regularly.
My friend Linda really inspired me to be a better cook for my family back then. The recipe I use the most in that cookbook is this lemon chicken, so now I share it with all of you, my friends!
This recipe starts with chicken tenders, but I like to slice them down a bit smaller. Pre cook it on the stove top like this:
Then toss it into a casserole dish of sorts with the sauce and broil it for under 10 minutes
I often throw in some partially cooked broccoli to cook all together like this:
I love how broiling chars it just a bit.
- 12 chicken tenders (cut to bite sized if desired)
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 T white grape juice concentrate (I make juice for dinner with the rest)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook chicken tenders in buttered saucepan until brined and cooked through.
- Place chick in casserole dish
- In same saucepan, add lemon juice, lemon peel, white grape juice concentrate. Keep on low heat and add heavy whipping cream, with a few dashed of salt and pepper.
- When bubbling, pour over chicken tenders.
- Top with a generous amount of parmesan cheese.
- Place in oven on broil for 7-12 minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or quinoa
You’ll more than likely see this in the round up in this weeks Family Meal Plan 😉
Love hearing about way to create a closer family? Want a FREE copy of our Favorite Family Recipes e-book? Join my bestie club (it's free, too), to get them straight in your inbox. Exclusive goodies just for my faves.