It’s so fun to make Halloween treats for the kids, to get them all excited for the big day! Actually, it seems like a week of festivities with our church Fall Festival, the pre school library party, and then the 31st BIG DAY, I love that my kids get multiple chances to wear their costumes. Today I’m sharing a fun recipe for some Halloween Bloody Brownies. It’s really so simple, and just a fun way to enjoy halloween treats. With just a few ingredients, the red velvet cake mix is what makes the brownie red (and Betty Crocker was more red than Duncan Hines–just saying I tried both).
There are really a few different ways to try these brownies. Plain, with frosting, add a few bloody bones treat toppers candy (I found mine at World Market), and lastly drizzling some cherry pie filling on top to make them even more BLOODY!
- 1 package Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 4 oz.package Instant Chocolate pudding mix (prepared)
- 1 bag/package chocolate chips
- 1 tub white frosting
- Bloody Bones Sprinkles
- Cherry Pie filling to drizzle
- 2 cups milk for pudding prep
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix pudding according to directions (cold milk needed).
- Add dry cake mix to the prepared pudding. Mix until moist.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Frost and sprinkle brownies if desired
- Drizzle cherry pie filling
Go ahead, make some Bloody Brownies this weekend!!!
Want a FREE copy of 10 Intentional Ways to Bring your Family Closer Together e-book? Enter your email below!