In the past month since I’ve been sharing quick/kid friendly recipes for the local challenge, I thought I needed to share some of our families favorite dinner recipes with all of you. I’m always searching for new recipes to change things up around here, so why not share our tried and true? This Quick and Easy Enchilada Recipe is a meal my mom made for us kids when we were younger, and she still makes when I get together with my siblings. For a long time, I hadn’t introduced it to my kids, but once I did, it became a quick favorite. I added the black beans to my moms recipe, I love to use them to extend the reach of the ground beef.
I try to buy ground beef in bulk and cook it, then freeze it into 1/2 pound ziploc bags. Then I just grab a bag, mix it with a can or two of black beans with Old El Paso Enchilada sauce (mild for me) and I’ve got myself a meal! Feel free to add anything else into the filler mixture. I just place some of the mixture into a tortilla, roll it up, place it into my pan (already filled with some sauce on the bottom), then toss some cheese on top.
It only cooks for about 20 minutes, so I think I can pretty easily say this is an under 30 minute meal from start to finish (if I have my beef cooked ahead of time). I had a little extra filling after stuffing the tortillas, and just put it on the side of the pan to cook.
- 12-18 Flour Tortillas
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can Enchilada Sauce
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- garnish: sour cream salsa, avocado
- Cook ground beef
- Mix ground beef with can of black beans (add a second can to go further)
- Mix enchilada sauce into beef mixture
- Spread some enchilada sauce onto the bottom of a greased 9×13 dish
- Roll tortilla’s with beef mixture inside
- After filling the pan with 12 or so tortillas, spread remaining enchilada sauce mixture on top
- Spread shredded cheese
- Cook at 350 for 20 minutes
For more Quick and Easy/Kid Friendly Dinners, head HERE.