Here are some images of me enduring a little photo shoot. I needed a new headshot, and just started to ham it up for the camera. If you can’t tell, I love color!
As a mother of 4, I want to capture my children at each stage. I wish I could bottle them up and hold them there forever, and with my camera…I can! I never have to fully let go of the joy and wonder of childhood. My goal with this blog is to Capture my joy, and share it with you in hopes that you will see more joy in your life. Photography has always been a passion of mine. Growing up, my camera was never very far away. Back in the day, I learned how to develop film in the darkroom, but now my computer is my darkroom. Besides teaching beginner momma’s how to use their fancy cameras with my books, workshops, & mentoring, I like to create beauty in my home, and share my favorite recipes.
My BIGGEST joy is my family…
I do hold a small number of portrait sessions each season. I completely understand the desire to have that perfect (smiling/looking at the camera) family portrait, but I also think it is important to capture the intimate moments as families interact with each other. It is in those moments, the side that most people don’t get to see of themselves, that we truly get a glimpse of our family as they really are. I make sure I do both. My goal is to tell a story with your portrait session.
Random tidbits about me:
- My middle name is Joy
- slightly addicted to having our family portraits done
- I was born in Texas, but spent most of my childhood in New Orleans before moving back to TX for high school
- I was on the drill team for 3 years in high school and STILL love to dance around the house (I also clogged in college)
- I love to meet new people, and my hubby jokes that I get my 20 ?s in the first 5 minutes
- I was raised with 3 brothers whom I adore, and have a sister in heaven I can’t wait to meet someday
- I received my Bachelors Degree in Child Development at Brigham Young University
- I love gourmet cupcakes (with cream cheese frosting), chewy brownies, and chocolate covered cashews
- I married a California man and somehow convinced him to come to Texas to raise our family
- I rode a camel through the pyraminds in Egypt in college
- I like to sing loudly to the radio
- I LOVE LOVE when my kids come to cuddle with me, everything else disappears
- My hubby and I went to the Tour de France (he is an avid cyclist and lived there before we married)
- My girlfriends are my sisters, I can’t have too many (click here to view a session with 2 of my best-ies)
- I love to accesorize–headbands, bracelets, necklaces
- I love to listen to my children chat with their friends in a carpool
I hope you will say hello, and tell me a bit about yourself!